Highs and Low(e)s
- TRIGGER WARNING: THIS IS SUPER GROSS! Lots of people would consider this a low, and I kind of also because it truly is the most psycho, semi-horrifying thing I have ever done, but three weeks on, I feel good about it so it's in my Highs? No regrets 'n that? Anyway, long story short, I had this kind of beginning of a pimple starting up on my chin. Classic self-sabotaging me, I picked at it and squeezed and basically I just made it worse. It kind of grew a growth. Almost like a big skin tag. Or a mole, or something, I don't know but it just grew and it had a scab and for weeks and weeks (I'm talking like, seven weeks) I would pick at it and think it would go away and it wouldn't and then one day I was lying in bed with my fingernail, flicking it and regretting my earlier picking and then I just got up, walked into the bathroom and squeezed it super hard at the root and I twisted and it was hurting but all I could think about was getting this thing OFF MY FACE! After establishing that the fucking face mountain potentially had no feeling at the very apex, I went into full skitz mode, grabbed Ben's nail scissors, held my breath, and cut the fucking thing off. It bled like CRAZY, I had gone full surgical and the thing I cut off was kind of hard?? Anyway, three weeks later and it's healed and I think... It's gone?! The moral of the story is, never do this to yourself but also maybe... sometimes do it?
- Did I tell you that Lani and I are going on our first Rally overseas excursion?? I mean, some would call it a holiday, but I like to think of it as the first international Rally experience lol. We will be going to Thailand so please let me know your greatest tips and must-do's.
- I started listening to this one episode of 'The Be About It Podcast' because my fitness hero, Kirsty Godso, was featured on it, and full disclosure: I have only gotten half way through, but in that first half, Kirsty does a whole speech on speaking things into truth. For example, if you have a goal you want to achieve - merely voicing it and telling people about it, will enable you to do it. You speak it into existence. As part of that she also said "you wanna trash talk yourself and your body all day? You are speaking that - you are giving that life, you are feeding that bacteria" and I can't stop thinking about it as that is an extreme habit of mine. I get up in the morning and look in the mirror and I that's when I start to talk shit about myself, to myself. It's crazy. Anyway, doing the opposite is my new thing that I'm trying and I don't know if you're the kind of person who does this to yourself but if you are, you should try it too!
- Chelsea's bloody album!!! Personal Best! The best!
- For the last few weeks now, I have been attending this kinda beginner fitness-dance class, which they describe as 'slutty Zumba with better music'. It's called 'Ok Now Ladies' and lots of people ask me about it so if you're wanting a chill-ish, fun, fitnessy-dance experience, go! There's no judgement, it's all levels, high enjoyment level and bonus: it's exercise.
- Did you know HYPE DC opened in Auckland? Did you know they stock RM Williams? Well they do and I know this because I went to the opening and they gave me a pair! Been wanting a pair of those boots oh, only my WHOLE LIFE!
- Ben just bought a Playstation so that he can play Fortnite and I think maybe this is the end of our relationship as we know it? Will I ever see this guy again?
- A teen I deal with at work always says goodbye on the phone in this way that is kind of mocking and cartoony and makes you think she's waving her hand at you in a Clueless-character like fashion. It sounds like 'buy-eeeeeeeeee' and I'm sure it's just the way she talks and definitely says something about me that for 6 months now I cannot not think she is somehow taking the piss out of me, but it's happening! I'm 33 years old and I think I am being trolled by someone half my age?
- I've got a problem where I fall asleep in movies. I've been to four films at New Zealand International Film Festival, three of which I have at some point, fallen asleep. Is it too warm in there? Am I going at the wrong time?
- When people think because you're a model agent, somehow you should reply to text messages with non urgent questions or questions that they can google answers to, at like, 11pm on a Thursday. Or 8am on a Sunday. *Insert upside down smiley-face*
- Forgot my reusable bag at the supermarket twice this week and you know what, as soon as you start using one of those things (and/or a reusable coffee cup for that matter), as soon as you forget, you feel like the biggest piece of shit on earth. Before I got the reusable cup I felt kind of bad about the disposable cups but now I have one, if I forget it, I feel terrible!
- I cannot find or get my hands on a copy of Beautopia - it's a documentary on the modelling industry from the 90s. Can someone help me? Here's a great excerpt with Kate Moss in it that I found on YouTube. Watch it and then feel sad that you can't see the whole thing. (If you have done that and now feel depressed and you like Christy Turlington, look up the doco Catwalk as that IS watchable - the whole thing is on YouTube here.)