Highs and Low(e)s
- Girls Incarcerated - have you seen it?
- After a few weeks of reading rave reviews of Biologique Recherche's Lotion P50, I decided I needed to get my hands on it. I mean, I am a sucker for a great review, I guess I am the ultimate consumer. Whatever, I decided I had to try it. Turns out, this was way more difficult than I thought - the stuff is NOT easily accessible. Of the three or so stores that sell it online in the States, none will take a NZ credit card or ship here. In London, I couldn't even send my friend to purchase it as they required you to do a consult with them to figure out what exact product you should get. Long story short, the internet came to the rescue and someone gave me a tip (shout out Amy Wheeler) - you can get it from Melanie Grant's online skincare store here! So I did it and I'm still waiting to receive it but I've got a good feeling guys, I'll keep you posted.
- Speaking of, I have spent the last fortnight trying to get my shit together. I started a blog post about this, but in true K-Lowe fashion, couldn't finish it. What I really wanted to say is that I just don't get how I can be this old and still not have my life together. How can I have possibly have lived THIS LONG and STILL be unable to wake up when my alarm goes off? Anyway, it all culminated last Sunday, I had just recovered from the flu realised that this was the time, now was the time to be a real adult. I formulated a list of goals to tick off and I have to be honest - some of them are going to sound ridiculously easy (take my lunch to work instead of buying it, wake up when my alarm goes off, do something off the 'to-do list' that's been sitting there since we moved into our current apartment, do exercise, etc) but hey, it's WORKED (?!) I've just told myself I have to do at least one of the things every day and I HAVE! Funnily enough I have only gotten up once this week when my alarm went off but I'm working on it and maybe one day soon I'll be a real, responsible adult! Lol.
- This twitter thread of moments in pop culture - think that time that Beyoncé's hair got stuck in a fan during a performance and she kept going, or when Britney Spears calls a paparazzi a 'fat f*ck'.
- Not sure if I talked about this before and it's kind of a 'cool story bro' but I hadn't worn earrings for approximately 8 years, and had tried to put earrings in and the piercings were closed. Then over summer I went into Streetwise in Newmarket (where I originally got my bellybutton pierced at aged 16, lol) to get them repierced and they somehow, with some crazy skinny to thick needle, were able to 'reopen' the current piercing I had?? For $5!
- I consider myself an okay cook - maybe even more than an okay cook, kind of a GOOD cook, even. So I cannot for the life of me figure out why I am no good at baking? I have had so many fails. This week it was muffins. I followed the recipe! What is wrong with me?
- My flatmate is good at technology. I also think I am not bad at technology but my flatmate is really good. Anyway, he has set up the TV and internet and surround sound and everything which is cool but now, NOW we have Alexa and 'Macros' and all these things that extend beyond me and now I can't figure out how to watch Netflix! You can't even just turn on the Xbox anymore. You can't just push a button to turn on the tv, it's so confusing, and now apparently I have to get an app to be able to use anything?! Halp!
- I look in the mirror now and I can notice how physically aged I am compared to before and I don't know when it happened and I have never noticed it before when looking in the mirror but now I can SEE IT now and it is depressing.
- Apparently I only write Highs and Low(e)s every 2 months now. That's how lazy I am, and how uneventful my life is.