Highs and Low(e)s
- I officially went 47 days eating less than 30g net carbs a day and I am continually impressed with the fact that I did it. I wrote about it here.
- I live in an apartment now, and whilst it was hard to downsize my things to fit into this apartment, I have now discovered I don't even need that many things. Also, this is kind of weird but there are no bugs in apartments! No flies, no ants, no nothing (that I've seen, anyway). Are we too high up for flies? Do the ants not know how to crawl all the way up here? Yay!
- The Handmaid's Tale is mind-blowing and unnerving and incredible and stressful and intense all at once and I loved the whole season. If you haven't seen it, go and find it and watch it immediately.
- You've already read this, but hey, read it again.
- Cauilflower rice, and cauliflower mash. As long as you're not expecting it to taste like the original (rice, or potatoes), it's all good. In fact, it's great.
- This sweater from Everlane. (The straight up plain boxy crew is also great.)
- NTC AKL is gone but the Cloud Runners Society is here for those looking for a workout with some great women! CRS are "a NZ jogging, HIIT, running and banter society. We run to feel good and run to feel included in something that heals the mind body and soul. We also love food and coffee and dabble in this post exercise. Join us <3" They meet up every Monday at 6pm outside the University of Auckland Rec Centre 2nd floor entrance and do a little workout. All levels are welcome! They also do other workouts during the week - follow their instagram or join their Facebook Group to get more info.
- Currently trying to stick to this fitness plan that was made for me by my friend and trainer, Nikki Crerar. Part of this includes doing a Les Mills GRIT class, followed by a 20-30 minute 'easy jog'. For those who don't know, GRIT is fucked. It's hard and it's 30 minutes and you kind of feel like you're going to die for 80% of it, so to follow it up with a 20-30 minute jog is some crazy-fitness-person type shit. I've attempted it a couple of times now and I still can't run the entire 20 minutes. Anyway, the point of this whole rant is that my plan includes jogging, so I have been doing this on the treadmill, and I don't know why, but I ALWAYS forget my headphones and it turns out headphones are KEY to treadmill survival. The treadmill is SO. BORING!!! How does anyone do it?!
- Why do male models never have working mobile phones?
- The state of my bank accounts. (Poor.)
- The state of my credit cards. (Not great.)
- The state of my bathroom. (Filthy.)