Highs and Low(e)s
- I watched House of Z, which is playing as part of the NZ International Film Festival, and I can highly recommend it if you are a fashion fan. The next session is sold out but there is one next Sunday with tickets still available!
- How did I sleep on Harry Styles? I mean, I was pretty ignorant before. I knew he was a guy in a boy band and he had long hair, like, I knew what he looked like and everything but I think I just missed the whole One Direction thing and then I didn't know they had broken up but anyway, I watched Dunkirk and ever since then I have watched and read a bunch of interviews with him and now I want to go to the concert but hey, it's sold out, because duh, a million people love Harry Styles and they all got tickets whenever they went on sale because they all liked him back then when I was blissfully unaware and now I am too late to the party.
- Speaking of Harry Styles, this is a great quote from a semi-recent Rolling Stones profile on him: "Styles is aware that his largest audience so far has been young – often teenage – women. Asked if he spends pressure-filled evenings worried about proving credibility to an older crowd, Styles grows animated. "Who's to say that young girls who like pop music – short for popular, right? – have worse musical taste than a 30-year-old hipster guy? That's not up to you to say. Music is something that's always changing. There's no goal posts. Young girls like the Beatles. You gonna tell me they're not serious? How can you say young girls don't get it? They're our future. Our future doctors, lawyers, mothers, presidents, they kind of keep the world going. Teenage-girl fans – they don't lie. If they like you, they're there. They don't act 'too cool.' They like you, and they tell you. Which is sick."
- Have I talked about the AT Parking app before? I mean, it's kind of lame and boring but if you live in Auckland central and do a lot of driving and street parking, this will change your life. No more going and getting a ticket from the machine (great for people always in a rush like me), no more finding coins, no more paying for 2 hours and then only staying 40 mins. I can't be bothered explain it but go get it okay? This sounds sponsored, but it's not. But also I would happily take money from Auckland Transport to promote this app because it's actually so good.
- Okay, so Ben went to Japan this week for work and whilst he was away people kept asking me how I was doing, which is nice but they were kind of like 'how are you going with Ben away?' and I'm like, hold up - firstly, he's gone for like 10 days or something, and secondly, what do you mean how am I doing? Do you think I sit around catering to and waiting for Ben all day? Jesus. Is this the impression I give people? If so, I need to bloody get that sorted, I am an independent woman! AHH!
- I joined Les Mills recently, but I only go like once a week, and then all the other days I train I pay to go to various other places and the whole thing is like, great for my health but terrible for my bank account.
- Speaking of fitnessing, last week at a boxing training I was at, the guy made us run up and down Parnell Rise and it was the worst thing that happened to me all week, which in hindsight is kind of good because that isn't really a bad thing at all.
- Our most recent power bill was over $350. Crazy.