Highs and Low(e)s.
- A couple of days ago I came across this video of a young woman making a bunch of afternoon high tea-esque snacks in her office and I could not stop watching it. Now I've found her Youtube channel and I've watched all the videos. Obsessed.
- For a week (well, almost), I have been on a Ketogenic diet. For those who don't know, it is essentially a low-carb, moderate-protein, high-fat diet with various reported health benefits. You can read more about it here and here. I'm committing to it for I don't know, I would say about 6 weeks, just to see if it changes my life/skin/weight/etc in any way. Anyway, the diet has been a high AND a low(e), but the high is that I HAVE MADE IT A WEEK! This doesn't sound like much but I have literally not had any fruit, juice (that is major for me), bread, crackers, cakes, cookies, ice-cream, pasta, rice, potatoes or root vegetables in a week, which is a bloody achievement if you ask me.
- The colour yellow. Never really got into it, wasn't sure about it on me, etc. Still not sure but now I don't care. I have been seeing Maddy post pics of herself in this Lonely gold check Patricia dress (see above image too) and I have come right around. Thoughts? I mean, it's a bright colour but imagine a YELLOW SWIMSUIT right?! I found the greatest yellow bikini but now it's no longer for sale online so I can't link to it so I'm not sure why I'm telling you but, hey, yellow, what a great colour.
- Today I got up at 7.30am (not early for most, but early for me) to do a shoot for Nike. I'm a stress-hard, so I was pretty worried about having my photo taken and then people watching me and feeling really uncomfortable, but no! It was one of the best 'having your photo taken' experiences of my life, great day.
- I am the most luggage person to dine with while I'm on this Keto diet. I am well aware that I am now 'that guy'.
- I don't know if this is a low(e) or a high or even anything, but yesterday I was in the kitchen and my boyfriend's son, Oli, came down the stairs carrying my empty box of tampons that he had fished from the bathroom bin, to stick to this cardboard robot he is making.
- Why was I born with like no eyebrows? I have the sparsest eyebrows on earth. On the plus side I have literally never had to shave my legs ever because my legs have no hair on them BUT WHY NO EYEBROWS?
- Wind and rain combined.